Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
m (Protected "Main Page" [edit=sysop:move=sysop])
(Added Nessus Page)
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
Revision as of 07:45, 14 June 2007
This Wiki offers a means where users of the Network Security Toolkit (NST) can ask questions, share experiences, and offer advice in regards to the use of the NST distribution and the tools which it contains.
The NST homepage is located at: http://www.networksecuritytoolkit.org/
- Network Configuration
- Tips and Notes on Using The Tools
- Client Support
Linux Command Tips
- 2007-05-30 New Stable NST WUI Available
- A stable update for the NST WUI management interface is now available for the NST v1.5.0 release. This updates include many enhancements to the Network Packet Capture Interface and bug fixes to the NST WUI. See the README associated with the update for further details. Use the "System" => "NST WUI Update Management" page for installation.
- 2007-04-01 Snort Patch Available
- A patch is available to fix an issue in the /etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd file. This patch is only necessary for those that have hard disk installations and want the snortd service started at system boot time (see P200704011 in the Patch and Update Summary page for details).
- 2007-03-29 Graphviz Patch Available
- A patch is available to fix an issue in the Graphviz package (see P200703171 in the Patch and Update Summary page for details).
- 2007-03-15 New NST WUI Available
- A stable update for the NST WUI management interface is now available for the NST v1.5.0 release. This update includes many enhancements and bug fixes to the NST WUI. See the README associated with the update for further details. Use the "System" => "NST WUI Update Management" page for installation.
- 2007-03-10 Skype Available
- One can now add the Skype (IM/VOIP client) package to a NST system from the NST Patch Management page (see U200703101 in the Patch and Update Summary page).
- 2007-03-09 Thunderbird Available
- One can add Mozilla's Thunderbird (email/RSS/news client) to a NST system from the NST Patch Management page (see U200703091 in the Patch and Update Summary page).
- 2007-03-07 Snort Patch Updated Again
- Applying patches to a Live CD has proven to be difficult. We have updated the snort patch once again to better support Live CD users. However, Live CD users will also need to update the NST WUI to the current development release. If you are using a hard disk or Virtual Machine installation of the NST and have already patched your system, you should not need to apply the new patch.
- 2007-03-06 Snort Patch Updated
- The snort patch has been updated such that it will now work on a Live CD boot as well as a hard disk install. The 188.8.131.52 version of snort can be found at: "/usr/bin/snort". On a hard disk install, the old version (at: "/usr/local/snort/snort") will be replaced by a symbolic link to the new version. On a Live CD boot, the file: "/usr/local/snort/snort" can not be updated and will remain at the old 184.108.40.206 version (so, if you have any custom scripts, you should update them to use the new version at: "/usr/bin/snort").
- 2007-03-06 Snort Patch Available for NST 1.5.0
- There is a security issue with the version of snort that shipped with the 1.5.0 release of the NST (see: http://www.snort.org/docs/advisory-2007-02-19.html). We have made a patch available (see the Patch and Update Summary page) to update snort to version 220.127.116.11 to address this issue. Unfortunately, this patch will not work on a Live CD boot (it only applies to hard disk installations and/or NST Virtual Machine installations). You may apply the patch by hand (review the patch instructions), or you may use the "NST Patch Management" page within the NST WUI to apply the patch.