Manual Package Updates
Currently, there are no packages which have "add-ons" which need to be manually updated.
- Boot a recent ISO build and bring up Firefox. Make sure that Firefox has its default settings set as specified on the Firefox Configuration page.
- Update the IAB and OUI files used by the arp-scan utility (use NST WUI to get two new ones download then transfer to src directory for the arp-scan RPM).
Check Package URLs
There are many pkginfo.xml files which are associated with the RPM packages making up the NST yum repository. Each of these pkginfo.xml files will have two or more URLs. As time goes by these URLs may move and need to be updated. You can run the make url-check command from the yum directory to:
- Extract the URLs from each fo the pkginfo.xml files.
- Run the curl -head command on each of the extracted URLs.
- See ok, skip or FAIL displayed on the screen next to each URL as it is checked.
- Create two log files: url-check.log and url-check-details.log.
Here is a example of running the command:
[root@taco-dev32 dev]# cd yum [root@taco-dev32 yum]# make url-check [ok] file:///root/dev/yum/pkgs/ipsc/src/ipsc-0.4.3.tar.bz2 [ok] file:///root/dev/yum/pkgs/nst-disk-speed/src/seeker.c [ok] file:///root/dev/yum/pkgs/smtpclient/src/smtpclient-1.0.0.tar.gz [ok] file:///root/dev/yum/pkgs/tcptrack/src/tcptrack-1.4.2.tar.gz ... output continues as all URLs are checked ... [root@taco-dev32 yum]#
If you just want to see the list of URLs with issues, you can run the following grep command on the generated log file:
[root@taco-dev32 yum]# grep -v ok url-check.log [skip] git://github.com/gnumaniacs/netsniff-ng.git [root@taco-dev32 yum]#
NOTE: The skip entries indicate protocols which curl is unable to handle and verification is skipped. If you would like to verify the skipped entries, you will need to do it manually.
Packages Which Can Be Updated
Some other packages also have the notion of "updates", but these are either done automatically during the build process, or manually by the end user.
- The clamav package should ship with the latest signatures (this should be automatic in the configure/build process).
- The nikto package has a update feature, but at this time it is not done prior to build the ISO image.