HowTo Use The NST Shell Command Console
The NST Shell Command Console allows one to run arbitrary Linux commands interactively on the NST system connected to your browser. Access to launch an NST Shell Command Console can be found on the bottom navigation banner on each NST WUI page. Clicking on the Console Icon: will popup a Command Console on top of your current WUI page.
The following features are supported:
- Run arbitrary Linux commands interactively as if you were at a Bash shell prompt.
- Command exit code results and command start, stop and run duration are displayed at the end of each command execution.
- An NST Console Command Editor is provided for Linux command input and editing.
- Quickly re-run the last command.
- Ability to clear your console work space for new command execution.
- View your command results in the NST File Editor for editing and PDF creation.
- Download your command results to your client Browser system.
- Both the console and editor can be dragged and resized.
- Font size adjustment and navigation controls are provided in the console output area.
- A Preferences Editor is available for console output custom settings.
NST Shell Command Console Reference Diagram
The following screenshot with annotation was created on the NST WUI Start page and provides a graphical reference to various features of the NST Shell Command Console, NST Console Command Editor and NST Shell Console Preferences Editor.