- 1 Opening up the Network Security Toolkit
- 2 Network Interface Bandwidth Monitor
- 3 Active Connections
- 4 Lab 14a - Download and Install Network Security Toolkit 2.13.0 on VirtualBox 4.08
- 5 Using Nmap in a Live CD Distribution
- 6 Technical Notes
Opening up the Network Security Toolkit
The screencast: "Opening up the Network Security Toolkit" by Tom Bowers provides a summary of getting started with NST.
Network Interface Bandwidth Monitor
Lab 14a - Download and Install Network Security Toolkit 2.13.0 on VirtualBox 4.08
This video: "HowTo Download and Install the Network Security Toolkit on VirtualBox 4.08" was created by Mike Neal.
Using Nmap in a Live CD Distribution
The video: "Using Nmap in a Live CD Distribution" created by Professor Messer demonstrates how you can use the NST virtual machine to perform a nmap scan.
Adding Embedded Video Support To MediaWiki
By default, MediaWiki does not support embedding videos. In order to add this feature, the Extension:EmbedVideo extension needs to be added.
Recording A Desktop Session
When running Fedora:
- Install the gtk-recordmydesktop package.
- Run the gtk-recordMyDesktop application.
- Configure and then press the Record button.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+p to pause the recording, or Ctrl+Alt+s to end the recording.
- Look for output files using: ls ~/*.og*
- Playback files using the standard movie player (Totem) from the GNOME desktop.
The video: "how to create a screencast from linux desktop" by l3lgl30ss provides an overview.
NOTE: We have our own HowTo Create A Screencast page with additional details on this topic.