Difference between revisions of "NST Screencasts"
(Added note about our howto page related to creating a screencast)
|Line 40:||Line 40:|
Revision as of 19:59, 4 May 2011
Opening up the Network Security Toolkit
The screencast: "Opening up the Network Security Toolkit" by Tom Bowers provides a summary of getting started with NST.
The Active Connection Introduction screencast provides a introduction and overview to the Active Connection page.
Using Nmap in a Live CD Distribution
The video: "Using Nmap in a Live CD Distribution" created by Professor Messer demonstrates how you can use the NST virtual machine to perform a nmap scan.
Adding Embedded Video Support To MediaWiki
By default, MediaWiki does not support embedding videos. In order to add this feature, the Extension:EmbedVideo extension needs to be added.
Recording A Desktop Session
When running Fedora:
- Install the gtk-recordmydesktop package.
- Run the gtk-recordMyDesktop application.
- Configure and then press the Record button.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+p to pause the recording, or Ctrl+Alt+s to end the recording.
- Look for output files using: ls ~/*.og*
- Playback files using the standard movie player (Totem) from the GNOME desktop.
The video: "how to create a screencast from linux desktop" by l3lgl30ss provides an overview.
NOTE: We have our own HowTo Create A Screencast page with additional details on this topic.