HowTo Enable The Gnome Sound Applet
From NST WikiJump to navigationJump to search
The Gnome sound applet does not startup when logging in as user: "root". If you try to launch the menu item: "System => Preference => Sound" the following hanging dialog will appear: "Waiting for sound system to respond".
- Go to the "System => Preference => Startup Applications" menu entry.
- Make sure you are in the "Startup Programs" tab.
- Click on the "Add" button.
- Fill in the fields similar to this:
** Name: Pulseaudio daemon ** Command: /usr/bin/pulseaudio ** Comment: Start the pulseaudio sound daemon...
- Logout and then relogin and the Gnome sound applet should appear.