From NST Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 09:57, 24 September 2009 by Paul Blankenbaker (New page: = NST Boot Comparison Table = The NST system is capable of being booted in many different ways. The following comparison table shows what features you can expect depending upon how you bo...)
NST Boot Comparison Table
The NST system is capable of being booted in many different ways. The following comparison table shows what features you can expect depending upon how you boot your NST system.
|Feature||Live||Persistent||Movable||Fixed||Virtual Live||Virtual Fixed|
|Device||VMware Screen?||VMware Screen?|
- NST Live
- Booting from ISO image on DVD or USB drive without a persistent overlay.
- NST Persist
- Booting from USB drive with a persistent overlay.
- NST Movable
- Full NST hard disk installation to a external drive which can easily moved from system to system.
- NST Fixed
- Full NST hard disk installation to permanent internal disk drive.
- NST Virtual
- Full NST hard disk installation running within a virtual environment (such as VMware).
- The device used to boot the NST distribution from.
- Able to perform a hard disk installation after boot.
- Must run the nstpasswd command after each boot.
- Able to access wireless cards and run wireless tools like Kismet.